The Girl by City & Colour
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this song makes me melt on the inside. One day someone will sing it to me while he strums his guitar and I'll be his. Irrevocably and entirely, I will be his. Come what may and no matter what obstacles or troubles may tear us apart, and maybe even bring an eventual end, he will always hold the essence of my heart tight in his grasp. The thought of him will forever haunt my soul as it brings the most bittersweet tears to my eyes and I will forever sing these words in memory of better times. I will whisper the lyrics under my breath from this day forth, longing for you to finish the lines. I'll be waiting.
I wish I could do better by you,
Cause thats what you deserve.
You sacrifice so much of your life,
In order for this to work.
While I'm off chasing my own dreams,
Sailing around the world,
Please know that I'm yours to keep,
My beautiful girl.
When you cry a piece of my heart dies,
Knowing that I may have been the cause,
If you were to leave, fulfill someone else's dreams,
I think I might totally be lost.
You don't ask for no diamond rings,
No delicate string of pearls,
That's why I wrote this song to sing,
My beautiful girl.
Cause thats what you deserve.
You sacrifice so much of your life,
In order for this to work.
While I'm off chasing my own dreams,
Sailing around the world,
Please know that I'm yours to keep,
My beautiful girl.
When you cry a piece of my heart dies,
Knowing that I may have been the cause,
If you were to leave, fulfill someone else's dreams,
I think I might totally be lost.
You don't ask for no diamond rings,
No delicate string of pearls,
That's why I wrote this song to sing,
My beautiful girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment