I've moved and started over. Everything feels so exciting and new. It really hasn't sunken in how far away I am because it feels like I could just be a county away. I am sad about some stupid, silly things like having to reprogram my radio stations and not knowing where anything is. I'm pretty sad none of the people I've known for ages wanted to say goodbye. My best friend never showed and didn't bother to cancel. My own mother wouldn't come and say goodbye. I don't think I will ever have the relationship with her I want.
At least my future in-laws love my bio-dad. They keep making sure I'm keeping in contact and thanking him and said they aren't huge fans of my mother but my father is allowed to visit any time. They REALLY like him. It's nice to finally have important people in my life actually like and appreciate each other. No, it's fantastic.
It's so weird to go from being a city girl my whole life to living down the street from farms where you can pick your own cherries and whatnot. Things are so different here. I'm going to enjoy adapting. His family is so nice and my life feels like a clean slate. Best of all, I have no secrets here. My friends, family, health, interests, personality, passion, and love are not hidden or frowned upon. I'm embraced as I am. I feel young again. I cook, watch movies, play games, play with the puppies, and I am living the life I always envied. I'm happy.
I'm not debating anymore. I have no doubts. I am done being treated like shit. I was always afraid Mikey was no good for me and my mom was right. Maybe one day I'd wake up and see he was incredibly wrong and I was just tolerant of a bad situation because I didn't know any better. That is all true, but reversed. I trust my mom and always go back to her like one of those lame Lifetime channel women. Running away, not crawling back, moving away, and finding Mikey were some of the best "mistakes" of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment