Friday, December 11, 2009

True Colors


Today, I hit rock bottom. Things can't get much worse. What is even more tragic is the fact that I called everyone. I called everyone I possibly could for help. You all turned your backs on me.

I would be there for any of you in a second in your time of need. There have been times when I spent my last dime on a ride to a friend who called out for my help. None of you can be bothered for half an hour to help me.

I can't do this alone. It was bad enough seeing him die. I can't bury him alone. I can't bring myself to touch his now lifeless body. Come Monday when your hangover is making you moody, you'll sympathize and apologize and act like we're all good. We aren't all good. We'll never be okay again. My rage towards you now burns secretly in my chest because I know our relationship is a one way street.

RIP my beloved Eeyore. Though no one else values you or me, I love you. Even as your corpse lays silently in the cage beside me, I will find some way to overcome my despair and give you the proper burial you deserve. I will figure this out alone. You will have a funeral fit for such a giving friend like you were.

PS: Those who abandoned me, you aren't invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment